Hope everyone had a great (long) weekend, and made sure to remember what the holiday really was about. We have so much to be grateful for because of our troops! A simple “thank you” will never be enough for everything you have sacrificed for us!
We really enjoyed our self this weekend with friends and family! On Sunday night we had a group of friends come over to play games and snack on some food! The guys, Clay and Josh, played X-Box while the girls, Me, Jessica and Andrea enjoyed a
competitive out to get each other peaceful game of Sequence!
Then on Monday Me, Jessica and Josh spent that morning laying out by the pool and just catching some sun… A LOT OF IT! Then that night, we did it all over again! 🙂 Played more games and had more food! This time we grilled out burgers, steaks, hot dogs, vegetables, and potatoes! Josh did a good job of not burning anything and making everything taste yummy!
Of course this post would not be complete without a recipe, I made this one this weekend! This is one for the sweet tooth people out there (like me!)
Apple Toffee Dip
- 1 package (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened (If you want, you can use the low-fat, i figured, what the heck I’m going full fat for this bad boy!)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (8 oz ish) heath bar bits
- Green apples & red apples cut into wedges (I also had gram crackers to dip with)
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, sugars, and vanilla. Fold in the heath bar bits and serve with apples (or whatever you want)
There is a TON of sugar in this, but OMG its sooo good! If you have a sweet tooth, you are going to love this! I like it best with the green apple because the tart goes really well with the sweetness of this dip.
I know I said there will be some healthy recipes coming soon, and there will be! I am still working on making them 🙂
Hope everyone (in Texas) got out there and voted yesterday! We did! Yeah!
Have a great short work week!