I have to share this recipe with y’all!! I made it last night and it was so good that I literally saw Josh lick his plate! (not joking, it really happened!)
Asian Beef Tacos
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (I used 1/4 regular and 1/4 low sodium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 5-6 cloves garlic, graded or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, graded
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1- 1/2 lbs flank steak
- 2-4 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 head of lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1- 1/2 tablespoon rice vinegar
- tortillas ( I prefer corn with this, but flour is just as yummy! )
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Fresh Pineapple (optional)
- Sriracha (options, if you really like spicy)
- In a slow cooker, mix together the soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger and cinnamon. Add the beef and toss to coat. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours (or until it becomes easy to shred)
- Right before your ready to
devoureat dinner, shred the meat and let is soak in the sauce a tiny bit longer. Put the scallions, lettuce, cilantro and sesame seed is using in a bowl and toss it with the rice vinegar.
- When ready to assemble, warm up the tortilla (if using a corn tortilla, I like to spray it with a little pam and stick in a warm skillet for a few min on each side just to make it warm), then add your beef, salad topping, and pineapple if using (which I fully recommend) and if you are wanting a little heat, add some of the Sriracha, but heads up, that stuff is HOT!!
This is what Josh called, “slap your momma good!!” – in which case, I would never recommend “slapping your momma” 🙂 … But ya, it’s that good! Your house will smell so yummy all day!