So the weather here in Texas is so up and down lately (well actually all the time, but a lot right now for some reason) And it was a great day to take the pups to the dog park!
Now, the dog park is a newer experience for them and it’s taken them a few times to feel really comfortable with getting out there and having fun. Today though, we couldn’t keep up with them!! They were having a ball and playing with all the other dogs out there. I guess they were enjoying the weather also. Let me take a moment to introduce my puppies to you!
This is our little diva, Chloe. She LOVES car rides! She was the first dog we got on the day we got back from our honeymoon almost 2 years ago. She turns 2 years old on Tuesday, March 27th and you better believe there will be gifts 🙂
Next we have our little sweet boy Shiloh. We have had him for almost a year now! He really is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever meet (my parents have a pretty sweet one also). He also loves car rides… so much so, he has even jumped out of a moving car!! (Josh was driving very very slow in my parents neighborhood and he was just to excited he flew out the window!! Thankfully I was not there to see it)
You would think when given the opportunity to run freely at a dog park, these guys would be in totally different directions! But nope, you can tell these little guys are sister and brother because they are always by each others side. (It’s pretty adorable!)
Just making some new friends. Don’t know why, but this time Shiloh felt it was his duty to great every single new dog that walked into the park!
Within an hour these little guys are pretty tuckered out and just pass out in the car!
Anyway, I told a few you I would post some of those recipes that I made in the slow cooker last week so, being true to my word… here they are!! (I will also have a new one later, it’s a jalapeno cheddar honey cornbread in this brand new cast iron corn bread maker thinggi..)
Teriyaki Pot Roast
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds), I also use a Beef roast and it’s just as tasty!!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Add any “pot roast veggies you want!! I usually add onions, cut up potatoes and carrots
- Cut roast in half; (I skip this step, I always just slather that baby with brown sugar and plop er’ in) rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
Now this is where I stop and eat it, however, you can make a gravy out of the broth if you would like by removing the fat on top and adding a mixture of 2 tablespoons corn starch and 3 tablespoons cold water, then cook another 15 min
The other recipe I was asked to post was this one
Crock-pot Ravioli Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed (I used fresh spinach)
- 16 oz. bow-tie pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic. Put in crock-pot and add sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Cook for 6-7 hours on low. Add the last 4 ingredients during the last 30 minutes of cooking and turn crock-pot to high. I added the fresh spinach, pasta, Parmesan and 1 cup of the mozzarella and I mixed it all up really well. Then I added the last 1/2 cup of mozzarella to melt on the top
Both are really really good!!!
Well that’s all I have time for now. I have to go get ready to celebrate my mommy’s birthday at the Milk and Honey Co. We’ve never been there before so I cant wait to report back on how it is!